The RPG & DB2 Summit returns to Grapevine the week of March 19 and MMSA members are eligible for a special discount. Since the last time it was in our area, the Summit has some new and exciting things in store, including:
• New speakers: Alan Seiden, Scott Forstie, Hernando Bedoya and 21-year-old RPG phenom Liam Allan
• New topics such as using Git with RPG, DevOps, MVC, iSphere, Talking to Watson from RPG and Hidden Gems in Db2 for i
• 2 new hands-on workshops: Python and RDi Beyond the Basics
• A peek into the next IBM i technology release with Steve Will
• An exhibitor "gong show" - an entertaining way to quickly meet the exhibitors
Those new offerings join plenty of always popular topics related to developing IBM i applications. The Summit specializes in practical, use-it-today tips and techniques presented by approachable speakers in a relaxed and fun environment. Just a few of the topics include:
• Free form RPG
• Embedded SQL
• ILE, service programs & modular coding
• Web services & RPG
• RDi & other modern development tools
• New DB2 for i capabilities
• RPG, the Web, and mobile apps
• Application & database modernization
• Python, PHP and node.js
• XML, JSON & much more!
You can add on one out of 4 optional full-day hands-on workshops on Monday before the main conference begins. Topics include RPG Procedures & Service Programs, SQL for RPGers, Python and RDi Beyond the Basics.
Discounts are available to MMSA members to attend the RPG & DB2 Summit. Use the promotion code MMSA2018 to unlock these special registration rates.
• Thru Feb 16: $100 off early registration rate = $1195 for non-alumni; $1095 for Summit alumni***
• After Feb 16: $200 off standard registration = $1295 for non-alumni; $1195 for Summit alumni***
***Summit Alumni (and colleagues at their company) should register using their Summit ID to get the alumni rate.
Can't get away for the full conference? Choose any single day (including workshops) - $495 for MMSA members. Email terry@SystemiDeveloper.com for single-day registration details.
Check out systemideveloper.com/Summit/conferences.html for more information. Email info@SystemiDeveloper.com with any questions.